Please send resumes to: Careers@silexdata.com
Candidate must be local to Humacao, Puerto Rico or surrounding areas to be considered
Silex Data Solutions is a US based Information Technology Consulting company opening operations in Puerto Rico. We are looking for a Desktop Technician to provide technical support to internal users. This position will give the Technician to a variety of opportunities to learn about and build a career in areas such as Data Center, Cloud, Artificial Intelligence, Robotic Process Automation, Information Security and grow into a career as an expert level IT Consultant.
What you will be doing:
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees needing technical assistance via web conference, phone or email
- Provide remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques
- Support internal computer systems consisting of Windows 10 operating systems
- Install, configure, and repair computer systems and applications within the organization
- Integral part of the new hire process including creating users and managing email groups
- Organizes and maintains information concerning network and workstations
- Supports software programs including but not limited to: Microsoft 365, Windows Professional, and security software
- Supports hardware including but not limited to: laptops, desktops, mobile devices, printers
- Sets up, configures, and troubleshoots mobile devices, such as company tablets and cell phones
- Performs any other duties or responsibilities as assigned
Who Should Apply:
Goal-oriented and self-disciplined individuals, with a competitive spirit, looking for an opportunity that goes beyond your normal job. Candidates should be willing to go above and beyond their job description to help grow the company.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Active Directory and User Management
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and web browser applications
- Knowledge of installation of Windows Operating Systems and software.
- Knowledge of supporting computers, loading device drivers and configuring a stable system.
- Knowledge of researching and troubleshooting computer errors, blue screens, etc.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Analytical thinker and problem solver with attention to details